Updated: Jul 3, 2020
While our furry family members are a bundle of joy to have in the house, they sometimes have "accidents" that need to be cleaned up. Walking in the door and smelling / seeing an accident on your new floor can be a very frustrating feeling.
It's very important to jump on pet accidents as fast as possible. Here are a few tips:
1. Get on the stain as fast as possible. Don't wait for things to dry. Letting it dry will only cause more stains that will be harder to remove. Plus, getting on the stain quickly will help with getting that "foul" odor out of your house.
2. Use water to start the process. The best method is to blot the affected area with wet paper towels. Let the towels soak up as much of the stain as possible.
3. Mix in a little bit of dish detergent with the water and repeat the process.
4. Avoid using any harsh chemicals on the area rug. The chemicals could damage your rug and cause additional problems.
5. You can repeat this process several times, until the job is done.
Call a professional. They have equipment that can deep clean your rug to further get rid of the odor and any sort of remaining stain.
At BestRugPrices.com we scan the internet to bring you product recommendations on area rugs and rug cleaning products. We base our evaluations on the product price, the speed of shipping, as well as on customer feedback. We let our customers know of daily specials and of special clearance items.
We invite you to visit our website and explore our recommended products.
Disclaimer: Disclosure: Please note that some of this site’s links are affiliate links. At NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.. Please note that these are products we know/use and recommend to customers. We also offer valuable blog articles on many flooring tips and products.