Updated: Jul 3, 2020
There are many ways to go with area rugs when looking for living room ideas on hardwood floors. You can go with a traditional rug, a nice oriental piece, or maybe event a modern-looking area rug. Whatever decorating direction you decide, here are some factors to think about before you make your purchase:
1. The size of your furniture: You want to make sure you purchase a rug that will coordinate with any tables, sofa's and chairs in the room. Do you want to purchase a rug that will cover all of the table and furniture legs? Or, is your rug a decorative piece for a walkway or small side space in the room?
2. What style are you interested in? Most of the time this will depend on the other decorative features of your room. These days, you can shop online and find whatever type of rug that you are interested in purchasing.
3. You will need to purchase an area rug pad. This step is extremely important when you are talking about a hardwood floor. There are all types of area rug pads. Most of the time you can purchase a pad in the same size as your rug.
4. Pick a rug that is durable: Shaw Floors published a good article entitled "Decorating a Rug on your Living Room Hardwood" (https://shawfloors.com/inspiration/design-tips/decorating-with-a-rug-on-your-living-room-hardwood). In the article they talk about their R2X Stain and Soil Protection System. When exploring living room rug ideas on hardwood floors, you will want to have the rug's durability as one of your deciding factors. Don't buy a cheap rug that will only last 6 months before it starts to fade and ravel. Pinterest has a great Monaco Rug Collection that might be a good option: Pinterest Link.
5. Finally, take a look at the price. There are so many online places you can go to find area rugs. Most of your local stores do not carry many rugs. The few they do stock are usually way over-priced. The online stores are all over the place when it comes to price.
At BestRugPrices.com we try to find our customers the best priced rugs on the internet. Our goal is to eliminate the confusion of spending hours upon hours visiting different websites to find the sales items and special deals.
Once last tip: When purchasing an area rug online, make sure the item has multiple pictures. Sometimes it is very hard to determine the quality and color of a rug off one picture. Rugs will arrive in different shades, so you want to make sure you see the rug from as many different angles as possible. At BestRugPrices.com we have some great options for your living room rug ideas on hardwood floors Have fun shopping!
Disclaimer: Disclosure: Please note that some of this site’s links are affiliate links. At NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.. Please note that these are products we know/use and recommend to customers. We also offer valuable blog articles on many flooring tips and products.